How To Protect Yourself from Phishers
Phishers send you a message with a link to a website that looks just like MyEtherWallet, EtherDelta, Paypal, or your bank, but is not the real website. They steal your information and then steal your money.
- Install EAL or MetaMask or Cryptonite by Metacert to block malicious websites.
- Always check the URL:
- Always make sure the URL bar has SECURE in green.
- Do not trust messages or links sent to you randomly via email, Slack, Reddit, Twitter, etc.
- Always navigate directly to a site before you enter information. Do not enter information after clicking a link from a message or email.
- Install an AdBlocker and do not click ads on your search engine (e.g. Google).